Children living with life-threatening and life-limiting conditions, and their families require immense physical and emotional support to maintain well-being, and to enjoy their childhood within the constraints of their illness. Freshwinds approach works with the entire family so that the many demands upon them do not pose detrimental risks to the child and supports them in maintaining a happy family life.
Services offered through this programme:
- Shiatsu massage
- Children & Family Workshops organised at external sites (depending on funding) such as child development centres, children’s hospices and special needs schools and playgroups.
- Family Support Group outings, such as visits to the Botanical Gardens, Sea-Life Centre, Cinema, Bowling and the Pantomine
Criteria for access to the children’s programme:
- Children aged between 0 – 18 years old, regardless of geographical boundaries
- Client must have been diagnosed with a life threatening, life limiting genetic condition – examples include:
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fibromyalgia
- Auto-immune deficiency
- Autistic spectrum disorders (ADHD, Aspergers, Autism etc.)
Feedback from Parents of our Child Clients
He is without exception, less congested after treatment. He is able to hear better and has less reflux at night.
After treatment our child is much calmer and sleeps better. If she gets a good nights sleep she benefits all round. I use oils for massage.