FreshwindsIT secures £5000 to deliver IT training to carers
FreshwindsIT have been chosen by UKOnline to become a Carers Engagement Centre supporting carers to access technology and raising awareness of the online resources available to them. FIT are specialists in working with carers and are thrilled to receive funding to allow them to expand their valuable work.
This will have a huge impact on the lives of both carers and those they care for, encouraging greater independence and the chance to become more active within their local community.
Workshops will be run at our IT training suite at Prospect Hall as well as various outreach centres across the city. They will cover a wide range of topics to cover all individual needs and abilities. These include:
- Basic keyboard and mouse skills
- Getting on the internet and staying safe online
- Carrying out web searches to find websites of interest to the learner
- Accessing online government resources that provide information on everything from benefits entitlement and bin collections to council activities in your area
- Using social media to connect with friends and family
“We’re really grateful to receive this funding from UKOnline and can’t wait to meet and start working with carers from across the city.” – Adam Lloyd, Freshwinds IT Manager
Do you know any carers or are you a carer yourself? If you know anyone who would benefit from this programme and would like to find out more, contact the team on 0121 415 6715